Are you ready to move? Whether the big day is in a month, a week, or even tomorrow, there’s a few things you might want to check.
Two months before
- Sort and purge – now is a great time to part with that box of goodies that’s been gathering dust ‘just in case’.
- Create a moving plan – Write a list of things to be done and give yourself a deadline. This will save last minute panic.
- Organise school records – if you’re moving far enough that your children are changing schools, get the paperwork started sooner, rather than later.
One month before
- Buy or borrow boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap and permanent markers.
- Measure your new home, make sure all your furniture will fit through the doors.
- Get in touch with us, the earlier we make a booking the more likely we’ll be available on the day of your choice.
- Begin packing – start packing away things you don’t use often. Doing a little packing each day will save you a lot of stress as it gets closer to the big day. We can also assist with packing if you need a helping hand.
- Change you address – make sure you update your address with everyone, from your aunty to your doctor to your cricket club. Save every letter you get, this can help you remember who is sending you mail.
- Set up mail forwarding at the post office. This will help you make sure you don’t miss anything important.
Two weeks before
- Book moving day off work.
- Pack a suitcase – these will be your easy to get to supplies. This saves you the stress of making sure everything gets unpacked on moving day. Alternatively, we could do the unpacking for you.
- Plan to empty out the fridge / freezer. Make sure you don’t have any excess foodstuffs to worry about on the day.
- Keep packing – make a plan to pack a little each day.
The big day is here! Don’t panic, we’re here to help
- Be ready at the agreed time. We promise to be on time!
- Any valuables (jewellery, wallets, passports, etc.) should be kept with you, for your peace of mind.
- Be available for questions, our team will ask you what is packed in each box to ensure we organise everything safely.
- Before we leave, we will do a walk-through of the property to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Confirm the new address with us.
- We will meet you at the new property with all your items safe and sound.
And you’re done! Congratulations on a successful move!
Get in touch with us on : , send us and email, or fill in the form below. We’ll get back to you in 12 hours to make sure your moving day is smooth and stress-free.